The suicide bomber, who carried out last week’s deadly attack took lives of 27 members of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards was a Pakistani, claims the elite force on Tuesday.
Commander of Guard’s ground forces, Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour said that “the suicide bomber was named Hafez Mohammad-Ali and was from Pakistan.”
On February 13, a suicide bombing took lives of 27 Revolutionary guards in the volatile southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchistan on a bus. It borders Pakistan from other nations.
The General reports that the investigation into the attack had made headway after the explosives-packed car’s model, which exploded next to the bus was identified.
General Pakpour said that “Two days ago the first clue, a woman, was identified and arrested, and through this woman, we reached others.”
He continued that other than the suicide bomber, one of the accused accomplices was also a Pakistani. He also believed that an attack had been planned originally for February 11, to disrupt the celebrations of Iran’s Islamic Revolution’s 40th anniversary.
However, the security personnel had been ‘fully prepared’ on the day, said Pakpour.
A Pakistan-based terror outfit, Jaish-al-Adl that operates mostly out of bases has been claimed responsibility for the attack.
Iran has also accused Pakistan’s Army as well as the Intelligence Agency of sheltering the terror outfits.