The nationwide lockdown extension in India due to the coronavirus pandemic is on the way to its third phase today. The set of new guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said there will be some considerable relaxation all over the country except for the hotspots or contaminated areas. The centre has divided the country into three zones and as per the severity of coronavirus relaxations have been allowed. On Sunday, Chief Minister Arvind Kejiriwal said the national capital is already “reopened” and the people “have to be ready to live with coronavirus.” Just take a look which things are allowed and which are banned.
1. Metro, rail, and air travel will remain banned just like the previous two phases of the lockdown. Interstate-movement and public activities will remain prohibited.
2. Schools, colleges and other educational and training or coaching institutions will be restricted all over the country. Besides that hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services will remain closed.
3. In all the Red, Orange and Green Zones, liquor shops have been allowed to reopen from today. But, all the shops have been directed to follow certain rules and maintain social distancing.
4. Religious gatherings have been strictly prohibited. Other public gathering places including cinema halls, malls, gymnasiums, sports etc will not be allowed.
5. All the non-essential activities in all the three-zones have been banned by the MHA from 7pm to 7 pm. The activities will be allowed from 7 am till 7 pm.
6. Centre has allowed Amazon, Flipkart and other e-commerce companies to sell non-essential items in Green and Orange zones. However, these relaxations are not allowed for red zones.
7. India has observed the biggest jump in the last 24 hours. A total of 2487 new cases have been recorded till Sunday, including 83 deaths. The total cases in India is 40,263; the number of deaths is 1,306.