Mentioning the increasing concerns over the false information and abusive nature of ads on the social media platform, Facebook decides specific plans to initiate an independent content surveillance board with the power to control the decisions on the user posts.

The 40 members of the content surveillance board would probe cases to review of the largest social media network of the world which tries to recovery solutions on false and misleading content and harassment which prompts instigation of violence and spreading of fake information, without affecting the freedom of speech.

The Chief Executive of the social media network, Mark Zuckerberg told that such decisions should not match the scenario of Facebook, but impede the administration of technology and human rights experts without affecting the commercial influences.

Facebook will choose initial members for three years long term, they will decide independently on the future membership, proposed by the social media giant in a draft charter.

The details about the makeup and appeals process will be resolved after a series of workshops over the next six months according to the Nick Clegg who is appointed by Facebook recently as the leader of the global affairs, wrote in a blog post initiating the charter.

At the news conference in Brussels, Clegg also told the company will enforce the rules and safeguards around political advertisements for preventing the foreign interruption in an election, including those in Europe this year.

The social media giant confronted pressure from the regulators and the public after the revelation of the last year, that British consultancy Cambridge Analytical had acquired data improperly on millions of US users to attempt election advertising.

 

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Those behind Pulwama attack “have made a big mistakes”, claims Prime Minister Narendra Modi

Those behind Pulwama attack “have made a big mistakes”, claims Prime Minister Narendra Modi

by Chandrani Sarkar February 15, 2019
Today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi warned those responsible for Pulwama attack in which over 40 CRPF jawans have lost their lived and would pay a ‘heavy price’, made a ‘big mistake’. With a hard-hitting comment at an official event, PM Modi said that security forces had been offered complete freedom to act against terrorist outfits and the country had total faith in their valor and courage. A heading a top-level...