Last week Sarfraz Ahmed has been banned for four matches by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for the racial comments on South African fast bowler Andile Phehlukwayo.

Meanwhile, Sarfraz has apologized for making racially motivated comments but he has said that the former pacer Shoaib Malik has brought personal attack related to his suspension and has criticized him. Mr. Ahmed told the sources,  “He [Shoaib Akhtar] is attacking me personally not criticizing,”

Sarfraz Ahmed also said accepting his fault that “I accepted my mistake and received the punishment. I want to thank PCB for handling this case and fulfilling requirements. I will improve myself and my performance in the future and I thank my supporters for their backing.”

According to Shoaib Akhtar, the four-match suspension was a little punishment for Sarfraz for the comments he has made.  The right-arm bowler had also criticized the captain’s remarks and said that such comments are not acceptable in Pakistan.

Mr. Akhtar tweeted a video saying, “This is not acceptable as a Pakistani. In my opinion, he did this in the heat of the moment. I think he should apologize publicly.”

On being asked about the decision of  Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to call him back to the country, the 31-year-old quoted, “I don’t see anything in it as I was playing cricket for the last five months. I will rest and then play Pakistan Super League.”

During the 37th over of South African innings, Phehlukwayo survived an inside edge past the leg-stump, to which Sarfraz commented, “ Abey kaale, teri ammi aaj kahaan baitheen hain? Kya padhwa ke aaye hai aaj? (Hey black guy, where is your mother sitting today? What prayer has she said for you today?)”

After the incident when the issue raised the batsman personally apologized to Andile Phehlukwayo as it was against ICC’s anti-racism code.

 

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Those behind Pulwama attack “have made a big mistakes”, claims Prime Minister Narendra Modi

Those behind Pulwama attack “have made a big mistakes”, claims Prime Minister Narendra Modi

by Chandrani Sarkar February 15, 2019
Today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi warned those responsible for Pulwama attack in which over 40 CRPF jawans have lost their lived and would pay a ‘heavy price’, made a ‘big mistake’. With a hard-hitting comment at an official event, PM Modi said that security forces had been offered complete freedom to act against terrorist outfits and the country had total faith in their valor and courage. A heading a top-level...