For the upcoming limited-overs tour of India, scheduled to begin with the first T20I on February 24 in Bengaluru, Australia has named a 16-man team.

This week, in the second Test against Sri Lanka in Canberra, Mitchell Starc the pace spearhead and the man-of-the-match, collected 10 wickets. After that, he was ruled out of Australia’s T20I and One-day International (ODI) tour of India with a “substantial” muscle tear. Australia will be playing two T20Is and five ODI against India.

Josh Hazlewood will not be playing as he has recently recovered from a back injury which he had in Australia’s Test series against India.

National selector Trevor Hohns said, “Unfortunately, scans have revealed that Mitchell Starc sustained a substantial tear to his left pec muscle while bowling on the final day of the Test match in Canberra.”

“This means he will be unavailable for the tour of India, but we will instead target a return to play for the ODI series against Pakistan in the UAE in March,” he added.

“Kane has been in outstanding form over the summer, including his recent performances in the Big Bash League,” said Hohns.

“Kane not only has experience playing ODI cricket for Australia, but he’s also performed well for his country when given the opportunity.

“Nathan Coulter-Nile provides us with another quality bowling option,” he added.

Hohns also claimed that he doesn’t fail to bring good energy in the field and also score runs in high-pressure situations.

“With the World Cup on the horizon, we see the ODI tours of India and the following tour against Pakistan as important windows for the squad to continue their preparations for our title defense,” said Hohns.

“We were really pleased with the progress we made during the recent ODI series against India, and we feel the progress is reflected in the squad selection, with only a couple of changes,” he stated.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
Those behind Pulwama attack “have made a big mistakes”, claims Prime Minister Narendra Modi

Those behind Pulwama attack “have made a big mistakes”, claims Prime Minister Narendra Modi

by Chandrani Sarkar February 15, 2019
Today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi warned those responsible for Pulwama attack in which over 40 CRPF jawans have lost their lived and would pay a ‘heavy price’, made a ‘big mistake’. With a hard-hitting comment at an official event, PM Modi said that security forces had been offered complete freedom to act against terrorist outfits and the country had total faith in their valor and courage. A heading a top-level...