Zika Virus has yet again hit India, this time in Jaipur. It is generally an infection is a mosquito-borne illness like Dengue and Chikungunya viruses. In an early report, it hit India in 2017. The main symptoms of Zika Virus are fever, skin rashes, conjunctivitis, muscle and joint pain, malaise, and headache. It has been reported that across the world 86 countries have affected with this disease. Zika Virus is compared with Dengue virus both disease causes are quite similar.
Things you must know:-
- Zika Virus is generally has occurred in Ahmedabad in January and February 2017 and second times it occurred in July 2017 from Krishnagiri District in Tamil Nadu.
- Over 10,000 families in Jaipur and neighbouring areas have been screened
- World Health Organisation (WHO) given a classification that scheme on the prevalence of Zika Virus, India is in category no.2.
- Authorities have surveyed over 6,000 houses in Jaipur and have treated over 2,000 containers with a chemical called temephos.
- In Jaipur, 179 medical teams are working in six wards in the neighbourhood to watch out for any symptoms with extra attention to pregnant women.
- To monitor over the diseases A Control room has been set up at the National Centre for Disease Control in Delhi.
- People who are injected with this infection have been kept in an isolation ward at Jaipur SMS Hospital.
The key facts of Zika Virus:-
- If Zika Virus infection cause during pregnancy infants to be born with microcephaly and other congenital malformations, known as congenital Zika Syndrome. The virus also associated with other complications of pregnancy including preterm birth and miscarriage.
- The risk increase of neurologic complications is associated with Zika Virus infections in adults and children, including Guillain-Barre syndrome, neuropathy and myelitis.
- According to the research the Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted primarily by Aedes mosquitoes, which bite during the day.