According to experts, eating black meals as a part of your daily routine comes with its own set of benefits. From teeth whitening to a healthy heart, these foods will change the way you look and feel.
Some of the most popular ingredients which are included in black meals are sesame seeds, black rice and activated charcoal and are increasingly used in sandwiches and salads. According to Suman Aggarwal, “Black meals that are infused with activated charcoal are not only healthy, but they look exotic and taste fabulous. Activated charcoal binds with toxins and chemicals and hence acts as detox.”
Suhasini Sood, the Chief Nutrition Officer at an online food delivery brand which recently introduced a line of black meals and drinks on their menu on Healthie.in, shared some health benefits of consuming black food.
- For a Healthy Heart: Lignans, found in black sesame reduces cholesterol levels naturally. It also improves lipid profiles and normalizes cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Natural Detoxification: Activated charcoal is made from heated coconut shells and bamboo and is the most commonly used ‘black ingredient’. It is a natural cleanser and antioxidant. The burnt powdered form of charcoal adds a smoky flavour and crispiness in the food.
- Teeth Whitening: Activated charcoal found in black food is a natural cleanser and helps in natural whitening of teeth.
- Natural Cure for Digestive Distress: Activated charcoal helps to pacify uncomfortable gas, constipation and bloating. Doctors use higher doses of activated charcoal for treatment of food poisoning and other gastrointestinal pain.
- Prevent Diabetes: Black rice is a healthier alternative as it contains the entire bran of the grain where the fiber is stored. This fiber makes it easy for the body to absorb the glucose from the grain.