Kanaka Durga, the woman who dared to enter the Lord Ayyappa temple at Kerala’s Sabarimala to breaking the age-old religious customs was not allowed by her in-law’s family on Tuesday. Before one week of the incident, reports came that the woman was injured on his head as her mother-in-law hit her and she was admitted to the Kozhikode Medical College.

The 39 years old woman lodged a complaint with the help of the District Violence Protection Officer after her in-laws family locked her out of the house.

According to the sources when police took Kanaka Durga back home from the hospital, they saw that her husband and mother-in-law had left the place with the two children. Kanaka Durga is now staying under police protection in a government shelter.

Kanaka Durga and Bindu Ammini two women of menstruating age, named Bindu and Kanaka Durga entered the hilltop shrine which was against the law and religion. After the incident, they were forced to hide on the outskirts of Kochi to stay safe from the attack of right-way activists. On January 15, Kanaka Durga came back home but her mother-in-law attacked on her head with a stick making her injured. She told the police,  “She began abusing me, saying that I had slept with many people and was a blot on the family’s reputation.”

The Supreme court later ordered the Kerala Police to ensure the security of both of the women.

The controversy about the temple began from 28th of September last year when the top court exercised the law that no women between 10 and 50 years will be allowed to enter the temple. A few days ago, the Kerala government claimed that 51 women of menstrual age had entered the Ayyappa Temple under its protection. The list was later sent for revision, following media reports on age and gender discrepancies.



Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
In J & K , Four Army Personnels killed in an overnight gunfight with Jaish-e Terrorists

In J & K , Four Army Personnels killed in an overnight gunfight with Jaish-e Terrorists

by Susmita February 18, 2019
After the dreadful incident of Pulwama, in which over 40 soldiers were killed in a terror attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy, four soldiers including an officer were killed in an overnight encounter with Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama. On Monday, Police officials said that two soldiers have also been injured. The gunfight started late Sunday night after the security sources received a tip-off that...