On Sunday, a prison official said that Mohammad Hanif Syed one of the three convicts sentenced to death in the 2003 Mumbai twin bomb blasts died at a hospital. They were recently placed in the Nagpur Central Jail.

Jail Superintendent Rani Bhosle told the reporters that Syed’s health suddenly worsened on Saturday night after that he was immediately taken to the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH). After one and half hour of his admission, the hospital authority declared him dead.

Ms. Bhosle said that “The exact cause of his death will be known after post-mortem which will be conducted Monday in the presence of his relatives who have arrived in the city Sunday.” His body will be handed over to his relatives after the postmortem, she said.

It is supposed by the initial information and symptoms that heart attack may be the cause of his death.

In 2003, on 25th August Syed, his wife Fehmida and third conspirator Ashrat Ansari planned a dreadful bomb-blast. The three planted powerful bombs in two taxis which exploded at the iconic Gateway of India and Zaveri Bazar, causing the death of 52 people and injuring 244. The Prevention of Terrorist Activity (POTA) court in 2009 sentenced them after the incident.

The Bombay High Court confirmed his death sentence and Hanif Syed was shifted to the Nagpur Central Jail from Yerwada jail in 2012.

An accused revealed that The Lashkar-e-Toiba’s used them for the planning.  It was for the first time that the LeT had used a family to carry out bomb blasts in the country.


Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
In J & K , Four Army Personnels killed in an overnight gunfight with Jaish-e Terrorists

In J & K , Four Army Personnels killed in an overnight gunfight with Jaish-e Terrorists

by Susmita February 18, 2019
After the dreadful incident of Pulwama, in which over 40 soldiers were killed in a terror attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy, four soldiers including an officer were killed in an overnight encounter with Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama. On Monday, Police officials said that two soldiers have also been injured. The gunfight started late Sunday night after the security sources received a tip-off that...