Bangalore: On Tuesday, A software engineer and his wife were found dead in the bathroom of their flat at  Pattanagere in Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Southwest Bangalore. Mahesh H 35 and Sheela 30 a homemaker, were from Athani in Belagavi District. They are survived by daughters aged 6 and 4. According to the Police, the incident took place around 2:30 pm when the girls returned from school.

The elder daughter arrived around 2:30 pm and the relatives began calling Mahesh and his wife. After they did not receive any response, the relatives went up and find the flat door locked from the inside. They rang the doorbell for a long time. When there was no response, they informed the police, who opened the door and found the dead in the bathroom. “We have shifted the bodies to Victoria Hospital for post-mortem and informed their relatives in Athani,” said a Police Officer.

Police suspect the couple suffocated to death after inhaling carbon monoxide that leaked from the substandard gas geyser in the bathroom. People trapped inside small bathrooms fall unconscious and die, an officer said. The post-mortem will reveal the cause of death.

Related Articles
Next Story
Going Viral
In shadow of Pulwama terror attack, PM Modi and Saudi Crown Prince will talk today

In shadow of Pulwama terror attack, PM Modi and Saudi Crown Prince will talk today

by Chandrani Sarkar February 20, 2019
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed-bin-Salman was greeted with a ceremonial reception, hours after he arrived in New Delhi at the Presidential Palace Rashtrapati Bhawan. Last evening, at the Delhi Airport the Saudi Crown Prince was received by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a warm hug. His visit is being closely watched after his 2-days session in Pakistan, where he has praised Islamabad’s efforts for ‘regional peace and security’ just a few...