On Wednesday, the official notification of CMS (Combined Medical Services) Exam has been released. The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) has scheduled to conduct the exam on July 21. Candidates can appear for the exam till May 6. CMS Exam is held every year for recruitment of candidates to the post of Medical Officer by filling up vacancies notified by the Commission. Candidates who can clear the written and practical exams of final M.B.B.S examination are eligible to apply for this exam. The upper age limit to appear in the CMS Exam is 32-years.
Details of the Vacancy:
This year, UPSC has notified 965 vacancies.
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services: 46 posts
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways: 300 posts
- Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation: 362 posts
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council: 7 posts
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services: 250 posts
- General Duty Medical Gr.-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi
In 2018, the notice was issued on May 2 and the exam was scheduled on July 22.
Last year, a total of 454 vacancies were announced for Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways, Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services, and Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services.
In January 2019, the final result of the last year’s exam was released. A total of 440 candidates were selected by the Commission to appoint, and 119 candidates have been positioned in the reserved list.
On April 24, the Central Armed Police Forces Exam details will be released.